MagMaster: The Very Strong Belt Clip Magnet Holder
MagMaster is probably the strongest magnet you can strap to your body. This belt clip magnet is a universal holster, up to the task of carrying your heaviest tools. Hammers, pliers, massive pipe wrenches, fistfuls of nails...
Even your pistol and mag for a range day.
I first prototyped this on a whim when a customer requested it. After using it for a couple weeks, I found myself continually surprised by how useful it was. I don't think you'd want to put something on there to carry around all day - a dedicated holster is better for that. Where it shines is as a third hand.
Here are some weird uses I found for it:
- Hold screws for a light fixture while I'm up on a ladder
- Be a place to hold a hammer so I don't set it down and forget it
- Hold a few Allen keys and a screwdriver while I crawl a basement to work on a furnace
- Hang onto my phone (I have one of those steel disks stuck to the back) while I talk on speaker
- Hold a mag and a pistol (you'll need two) for quick access at the range... amazingly you can actually run and they will stay on.
- Keep my pruning shears at the ready while I'm gardening
- The list goes on....
Yeah, there are other belt magnets out there, but I went to great lengths to find a massive N52 Neodynmium magnet that's 3/16in thick and over an inch in diameter. It's backed up by a solid steel plate to focus the magnetic power so that rated pulling power for this thing is over 50lb. It can easily hold a large pipe wrench or a 22oz framing hammer.
To top it off, I had a custom rubber cover molded that keeps it from scuffing your tools and provides a bit more grip.
On the back, it's got my new molded LoPro clip made from PC-ABS. This clip eliminates the tang at the bottom of most FOMI clips that eventually digs into your hip. The clip is replaceable, like all our holsters.
Finally, the whole thing is held together by 0.093" thick, USA-made Kydex-T all molded and assembled by hand here in my workshop in North Idaho.
-----"I'LL MAKE IT RIGHT"-----
We make every one of these by hand in my workshop in Northern Idaho. I don't offer a lifetime warranty anymore because everyone offers a lifetime warranty and it's usually BS. Instead, I just say that "I'll make it right". If you ever have a problem, you let me know by emailing me at email@example.com. One simple email and I'll make it right. - JOSH